Let's make a difference together.
Location: Huntsville, AL or National Capital Region (NCR)
Position Type: Full-Time/Exempt
Summit 7 is a people incubator. Summit 7'ers regularly speak at conferences, and architect environments for Inc 5000 or top Defense and Aerospace companies. They also write industry leading books. Summit 7 has a history of employing some of the leading Microsoft experts in knowledge management and security. Continuing this practice, the team is comprised today of rock star administrators, developers, and architects that are the guiding voices amongst tech forums and in the board rooms of our clients. Additionally, Summit 7 is in the serious business of protecting the US defense industrial base from cyber threats and helping them meet challenging security and regulatory compliance challenges.
Management of Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive for Business, Cloud AppSecurity, Intune, and Azure Active Directory
Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, Wi-Fi, and security
Basic remote access solution support: IPSEC & SSL VPN, Remote Desktop Services, etc.
Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respondaccordingly through service tickets
Consistently documenting changes and updates to client environments
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly andefficiently
Escalate service requests appropriately
Responsible for entering all time and expenses as they occur
Continuous education, expansion, and refinement of technical knowledge, and credibilitythrough industry standard certifications
Interpret and discuss information with others and regularly provide and recommend actions involving complex issues
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in computer science or MIS from a reputable institute or two (2) years of IT or related experience. Special preference for service desk/desk side support.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Candidate must be open to any shift, on-call rotations, and potential weekend work to support a 24/7 operation.
- Office 365 Administration
- Windows 10 Administration
- Incredible customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and a strong desire for personal and professional development
- U.S. citizen with the ability to pass an extensive background check
- Network+ Certification
- ConnectWise and Kaseya Knowledge
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 Administration
- Virtualization technologies: primarily Microsoft and VMWare VCP and/or Cisco CCNA.
- Network technologies such as TCP/IP, firewalls, SSL VPN appliances, and IPSEC tunneling.
- Microsoft MCSE
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends in industry best practices policies.